Watch the aviation world go by at Ardmore.
Ardmore’s Viewing Area
You can watch aircraft from all over the country take off and land on Ardmore’s main runway. Our viewing area has two parking locations; the grassy area at Corsair Lane, or the hard parking area on Harvard Lane. From general visitors to aviation enthusiasts, all are welcome. We simply ask that you follow our safety rules, and keep an eye out for common hazards.
- Observe all airport rules and signs.
- No dogs are permitted on airport property.
- No Drones/UAV/Cranes/Lifts are to be operated on airport or within 4 km of airport without prior permission from Ardmore Unicom Services. Contact Ardmore Airport Ltd or visit ‘Drones + UAVs’ to apply for permission.
- Do not climb over any fences.
- Unauthorised access to airside operational areas is not permitted (refer to Ardmore Airport Ltd or tenant).
- Applications are required for yellow or red zone driving permits and gate/barrier arm access.
- There is a 40 km/hr speed limit within the airport on landside.
- Parking/Viewing Areas are on Harvard Lane and Corsair Lane (map reference P).
- No parking at ends of runway – Hamlin Road, Corsair Lane and Mullins Road.
- Contractors are to obtain work permit/induction before commencing any works on airport. Please contact Ardmore Airport Ltd for information.
- Report injuries/accidents/unsafe conditions to Ardmore Airport Ltd.
- Aircraft (fixed wing + helicopters)
- Propeller blades
- Propeller wash & jet blast
- Aircraft noise
- Aircraft movement
- Banner towing
Come fly with us
Experience all New Zealand’s premier aviation facility has to offer.