Facilities & fees
Ardmore’s unique facilities cover the entire wing-span of aviation.
The A to Z of aviation
Ardmore is the ultimate resource for all things aviation. From conferences, driver training, and open days – to events, engine testing, and filming opportunities. With four major fixed wing flying schools and two helicopter schools based out of Ardmore, we’re also New Zealand’s aviation training epicentre.
Head to our café on Harvard Lane, right next to the Auckland Aero Club rooms. Grab breakfast, a light meal, or a coffee, while taking in the aviation action on the runway.
Also on Harvard Lane, you’ll find NZ Warbirds Visitor Centre. Based across two hangars, the centre features a comprehensive collection of WWI and WWII aircraft and memorabilia.
Ardmore Airport History Boards
From our 1943 beginnings, to our Grand Prix days, to our evolution into a national strategic asset. Discover Ardmore’s rich history, just inside the main gate.
Facility Fee = $15.07 + (MCTOW x 0.009487756) where MCTOW Maximum Certified Take Off Weight (kgs)
Note: Special conditions may apply to non-resident operators. Contact Ardmore Airport Limited for more information.
Facility Fee = $18.53 (flat rate for all types)
$6.80 + $0.92
In addition to the above fees, the following “night flying” fees apply to both fixed wing and helicopter aircraft:
1. $6.80 per night landing;
2. $0.92 per night “touch and go”
NOTE: “Night flying” is defined as any movement conducted after civil twilight. Special conditions may apply to non-resident operators. Contact us for more information.
Facility fee explanation
The facility fee covers the use of runways, taxiways, and apron areas. However the helicopter flat rate applies to all helicopters that access (for the purposes of landing) any area designated as “airport land” by Ardmore Airport Limited – whether it be operational, non-operational, or leased land. This also includes the airspace associated with that designation.
There is no fee for parking during the day of landing. After the first day of landing, parking will be charged at individual day rates.
Parking rates and availability vary, based on the size and weight of your aircraft.
For more detailed information, visit the Aircraft Parking section of this website.
Fee policies and information
- MCTOW means maximum certified take-off weight in kilograms.
- All fees are subject to Goods and Services Tax.
- All fees are payable by the 20th of the month following landing.
- Fees will be invoiced to and payable by the registered owner of the aircraft as per the Civil Aviation Authority Register of Aircraft unless, with the prior written approval of Ardmore Airport Limited, another party has agreed to be liable for payment (but nevertheless without limiting the liability of the registered owner).
- A late payment penalty may be imposed on any fees which remain outstanding at the end of the month in which payment is due. Such penalty shall be 15% per annum on the amount outstanding calculated on a daily basis from the date on which payment was due until the date of actual payment, but with a minimum of $10.00.
- The registered owner of the aircraft grants a security interest to Ardmore Airport Limited as security for payment of all fees and charges due to it from time to time and for the performance by the registered owner of the aircraft of that owner’s other obligations to Ardmore Airport from time to time. For the purposes of
section 36(1)(b) of the Personal Property Securities Act 1999 (“PPSA”), and to ensure maximum benefit and protection for Ardmore Airport Limited by virtue of section 36(1)(b)(iii) of the PPSA, the registered owner of the aircraft confirms, by using the airport land, such registered owner intends to and does grant to Ardmore
Airport Limited as security for the registered owner’s indebtedness and obligations, a security interest in all of the registered owner’s present and after acquired property, including the relevant aircraft. The registered owner waives the right to receive a copy of the verification statement confirming registration of a financing statement or financing change statement relating to the security interest so granted. Each registered owner agrees that nothing in sections 114(1) (a), 133 and 134 of the PPSA shall apply to the security and waives the owner’s rights under sections 121 and 132 of the PPSA.
- Ardmore has the right to remove any aircraft parked on aprons, airport operational areas including runway and taxiways and non-leased sites. The registered owner of the aircraft will meet all costs of removal and any future storage of the aircraft. Ardmore Airport Limited accepts no liability for any loss or damage caused as a result of such removal, even if Ardmore Airport Limited has been notified of the likelihood of such loss or damage.
- Where an aircraft owner fails to meet any payment due on due date and Ardmore Airport Limited incurs costs of recovering any amount payable, the aircraft owner shall meet such costs including without limitation, any debt collection or enforcement charges and legal costs on a solicitor and client basis.
- The charges are set in accordance with section 4(2) of the Airport Authorities Act and may be varied from time to time.
- Ardmore Airport Leaseholders will qualify for an annual credit of $200.00 for facility fees. Contact Ardmore Airport Limited for more information.
Full facility fees
Our facility rates are updated annually. Click below to download our full list of fees, effective from 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024.