Being a good neighbour in the sky and on land.
We do what we can to keep noise to a minimum.
To help keep the volume down, we keep a set of curfews in place. We also encourage the ‘Fly Friendly’ programme, which aims to promote a harmonious relationship between Ardmore’s aviation activities and our neighbours’ environmental interests.
Our ‘Fly Friendly’ Policy
- Be courteous on the radio.
- Use correct radio phraseology.
- Be friendly to our neighbours.
- Do not overfly residential areas at low level.
- On departure from the runway, maintain runway centreline to 600ft AMSL before turning crosswind.
- On arrival, establish final runway centreline not below 600ft AMSL.
- Use full runway length on take-off.
Night training circuit curfew:
2200–0700 Mon–Sat (extended to 2230 during NZ Daylight Saving)
2000–0700 Sun night – Mon morning
Ex-military jet curfew:
For more on noise abatement
See page 34 of the Ardmore Airport Operations Manual.